September 26, 2013 Leave a comment
Sematext is 100% engineers and there are about 10 of us now. In addition to being on a lookout for our Head of Marketing, we are looking for solid search engineers who love Solr and/or Elasticsearch, who want to use their search skills to work with our growing list of international clients, and who want to join our awesome, super distributed engineering team.
Together, we’ve built several exciting products – from smaller, search-focused products that work with Solr and Elasticsearch, to larger ones like SPM, Search Analytics, and most recently Logsene. While not building products and running services, we help organizations world-wide with their search and big data needs – from fixing issues and providing production support to building complex search systems from scratch. Our client list is long with a number of household names on it – from Instagram (Facebook) and Tumblr (Yahoo), Etsy and Shutterstock, to The BBC, Elsevier, Lockheed Martin, Reuters, Library of Congress, etc. We did this without raising any money. To date, virtually all of our business came to us without us doing much real marketing – fama volat in action. The demand for our products and services is growing and we are looking for good engineers and good people to join our adventure!
Sematext is looking for a responsible, professional individual to join our team of search engineers.
Sematext is a New York-based startup with people spread over multiple continents and several hundred customers from Instagram and Tumblr, Etsy and Shutterstock, to The BBC, Elsevier, Lockheed Martin, Reuters, Library of Congress, etc. We’ve built systems handling over 10,000 QPS and have worked with multi-billion document indices. Our core products are:
- SPM – performance monitoring
- Search Analytics
- Logsene – log and data analytics
- Several search-focused products
In addition to the above products we offer consulting services around open source search and big data.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Driven, independent, and professional
- A good communicator, both written and oral
- Good with Solr and/or Elasticsearch and is hungry to learn more
- Enjoys helping organizations make the best out of search
As a member of our search team you will get to:
- Interact with clients world-wide
- Provide guidance, architecture design, implementation, and support
- Participate in Solr, Lucene, and Elasticsearch user and development communities
- Work on Sematext’s search and data analytics products and participate in open-source search projects
- Offers a lot of independence, learning, and growth
- Does not require travel, but does offer the opportunity for travel for those who want that
- Is open world-wide
Our search team members have written several books about search, regularly give talks at conferences, blog, and participate in open-source projects.
For more info, see 19 things you may like about Sematext.
Come join us build cool products!