January 30, 2015 Leave a comment
Sematext is looking for a strong full-stack developers (remote work is cool!) who:
- Find creative and elegant solutions, build tools, avoid repetition and boilerplate code
- Take ownership and push forward; want to help build the team and the organization
- Like working with data-intense applications, continuous data streams (e.g. metrics, logs, events), visualization and data analytics
- Want to have fun, enjoy building new things and improving existing ones
Some info about our tech:
- Java in the backend, with a bit of Akka
- Java and NodeJS for various SPM agents
- A series of Machine Learning algorithms for Anomaly Detection
- HBase and Elasticsearch for storing massive volumes of data (many billions of “rows”… stopped counting long ago)
- Jetty and Kafka that handle hundreds of thousands of events/metrics/logs/messages per second
- MySQL, ZooKeeper (obviously)
- Apache Flume, rsyslog, Logstash, and Kibana
- Flot for charting (and looking to replace that with something more modern, yes)
- Solr, but just for search-lucene.com and search-hadoop.com, which are not related to this opening
- Everything runs on AWS – we own a total of 2 physical servers
Products / Services you’d be building:
- SPM – monitoring, alerting, anomaly detection. A lot has been done, and a lot more is in the queue.
- Logsene – log collection, indexing, searching, alerting, anomaly detection. A lot of new features are waiting to be built.
- Search Analytics – it works, it runs, it has customers, but there is so much more value we can extract from query and click data!
- NewAppHere – can’t talk about it, but it’s going to be big… and not only in Japan
Good to have skills:
- Java – for various backend components
- We can teach you or at least help you catch up quickly with everything else mentioned above as well as custom bits not mentioned here
A bit about Sematext:
- HQ in NYC, with people in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Developers with strong open-source backgrounds
- Deep expertise in Solr and Elasticsearch – we are also a leading provider of consulting and support for tons of clients
- Some of our engineers give talks at conferences around the world and write books
- We are totally self-funded, financially independent, and profitable
- Chirping via @sematext
Got more questions? Send them our way! Better yet, send your resume!