February 18, 2014 Leave a comment
We have a great opportunity at Sematext for a person who wants to take the Professional Services Lead role and grow both him/herself in this role as well as grow the whole Professional Services side of the house. The person in this role will get to learn all aspects of the business from engineering, to speaking with numerous clients and customers, to working with remote team members, even touching on sales and marketing. This position offers a truly multifaceted view into Sematext and the space that Sematext is in, which is a rich blend of search, big data, analytics, open source, products, services, engineering, support, etc. The ideal candidate would already be in New York, where Sematext HQ is located, but we are open to people from other locations as well.
• Experience working with Solr or Elasticsearch
• Plan and coordinate customer engagements from business and technical perspective
• Identify customer pain points, needs, and success criteria at the onset of each engagement
• Provide expert-level consulting and support services and strive to be a trustworthy advisor to a wide range of customers
• Resolve complex search issues involving Solr or Elasticsearch
• Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through our products or services
• Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product teams
• Participate in open source community by contributing bug fixes, improvements, answering questions, etc.
• BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
• 2 or more years of IT Consulting and/or Professional Services experience required
• Exposure to other related open source projects (Hadoop, Nutch, Kafka, Storm, Mahout, etc.) a plus
• Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a plus
• Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a plus
• Experience working in a startup a plus
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.