Wanted: Devops to run Search-Hadoop.com and Search-Lucene.com
March 28, 2011 2 Comments
We are a small and highly distributed team who likes to eat a little bit of everything: search for breakfast, mapreduce for lunch, and bigtable for dinner. We are looking for a part-time-to-grow-into-full-time devops to work on the popular search-hadoop.com and search-lucene.com sites and take them to the next level. As such, you’ll need to be on top of Lucene, Solr, and Elastic Search. Similarly, you must be completely at $HOME on the UNIX command line. Working knowledge of Mahout or statistics/machine learning/data mining background would be a major plus, but is not required. Experience with productive web frameworks and slick modern front-end frameworks is another plus, as is familiarity with EC2 and EBS.
More about the ideal you:
- You are well organized, disciplined, and efficient
- You don’t wait to be told what to do and don’t need hand-holding
- You are reliable, friendly, have a positive attitude, and don’t act like a prima donna
- You have an eye for detail – no sloppy code, no poor spelelling and typous
- You are able to communicate complex ideas in a clear fashion in English (or pretty diagrams)
- You have experience with (large scale) search or data analysis
- You like to write about technologies relevant to what we do
- You are an open-source software contributor
Not all of the above are required, of course – the closer the match, the higher the relevance score, that’s all.
Interested? Please get in touch.